Folks, beware of this! The Senate already approved the Senate Bill 2796 otherwise known as the Anti-Cyber Crime Bill of the Philippines, gaining a a 13:1 vote from the legislators last January 30, 2012.
This bill seeks to establish safeguards in using of the Internet and penalizes cyber s*x, child pornography on the web, spamming, and other Cyber Crimes. It contains the following offenses with their corresponding penalties:
1. Hacking, unauthorized input or deletion of data, and fraud: Any person found guilty of performing such acts will be fined at least P200,000 or an amount commensurate to the damage and may face imprisonment of six years and one day to 12 years.
2. Cyber-squatting, or the creating online content “in bad faith to profit, mislead, destroy reputation and deprive others from registering the same.
3. Cyber S*x or exhibition of s*xual organs and performing s*xual acts through the Internet “for favor or consideration” will be fined with P200,000 to P1 million and face imprisonment of six years and one day to 12 years.
4. Operating online child pornography through a computer system will be punished in accordance with R.A. 9775, also known as the Anti-Child Pornography Act of 2009.
5. Advertising and selling products or services via the Internet without the consent of the recipient will be fined of P50,000 -250,000 and imprisonment of one month and one day to six months.
To implement all these regulations, a new agency called the National Cyber Security Coordinating Council will formed under the Office of the President.
The Senate Bill 2796 was authored by Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, Senate President Pro Tempore Jinggoy Estrada, Senators Antonio Trillanes IV, Edgardo Angara, Lito Lapid, Manuel Villar, Miriam Defensor-Santiago, Ferdinand Marcos Jr., and Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. Senator Teofisto Guingona III voted against the approval of the bill.
I do hope this bill will now lessen and stop all the cyber crimes in the Philippines.