Based on the Chinese Calendar, Chinese New Year falls on January 23, 2012, and this was declared as special non working holiday in the Philippines.
In Iloilo City, the Ilonggos also observe and celebrate Chinese New Year every third week of January, it is celebrated in Iloilo’s Chinatown (Iznart St.). Iloilo Chinese New Year Celebration is highlighted by a Colorful Cultural Parade by Chinese Organizations, Schools, and Business Sectors. There are a lot of activities for this week long celebration.
This 2012, Iloilo Chinese New Year will be celebrated on January 20-27, 2012. Another exciting and colorful activities are lined-up in the upcoming Iloilo Chinese New Year 2012 Celebration. Here are the following activities:
Iloilo Chinese New Year 2012 Celebration Schedule of Activities
January 20 – 27, 2012
- Filipino-Chinese Trade Expo – PNB Hall, General Luna Street
January 27, 2012
- 3PM – Cultural Parade, Iznart Street
- 4PM – Chinese Food Festival, Iznart Street
- 5:30PM – Cultural Program and Fireworks Display, Iznart Street
January 28 – 29, 2012
- 10AM – 9PM – On-going Chinese Heritage Cultural Exhibit, SM City Iloilo
January 29, 2012
- Iloilo Scholastic Academy Mall Show, SM City Iloilo
This activity are based on ABS CBN Iloilo’s TV Plug courtesy of YouTube. Kung Hei Fat Choi!